..... Jealously Guarding Your Interest.....!


Home  |  Contact

Free Legal Advice
... If your are facing any legal problems you may seek our Free Legal Advice ...
Inviting Association
... Hi! If you are a Lawyer, Advocate, Attorney, You may Associate with us...

Prenuptial Agreement, Court Marriage, Hindu Marriage, Arya Samaj Marriage, Marriage Registration, Marriage Certificate

Prenuptial Agreement
Court Marriage Page 2
Hindu Marriage
Arya Samaj Marriage
Marriage Registration
Marriage Certificate

Special Marriage Act

You are here, reading this page, because you are planning for Court Marriage ......
How to proceed forward? What all to know and consider?

Court Marriage Page -1

Q1. What is Court Marriage?

The parties can directly apply to the Marriage Registrar for performance & registration of marriage and grant of marriage certificate, which is generally termed as Court Marriage.

Q2. Who may perform Court Marriage?

Any person irrespective of religion may perform Court Marriage.
     Even Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, Sikhs can also perform Court Marriage.
     Muslims, Christians, Parsis or Jews can also perform Court Marriage.
     Inter-Caste Marriages and Inter-Religious Marriages can also be performed as Court Marriage.

Q3. What are the Requirements for Court Marriage?

Court Marriage is a civil contract, and hence, there are no rites or ceremonial requirements.
     As per law - The parties have to file Notice of Intended Marriage in the specified form to the Marriage Registrar of the district in which at least one of the parties to the marriage has resided for a period of not less than thirty days immediately preceding the date on which such notice is given; Practically – Marriage Registrars only accepts application from marrying persons in which case at least one of the parties has residence proof of the place of his jurisdiction.
     Any person may file objection to the marriage on the ground that it would contravene one or more of the conditions of marriage before the expiration of thirty days from the date on which any such notice has been published.
     After the expiration of thirty days from the date on which notice of an intended marriage has been published, the marriage may be performed and registered by the marriage registrar, unless it has been previously objected to by any person.
     Marriage shall not be complete and binding on the parties, unless each party says to the other in the presence of the Marriage Officer and three witnesses and in any language understood by the parties, — “I, (A), take thee (B), to be my lawful wife (or husband).

Q4. What are the Conditions for Court Marriage?

There should not be subsisting valid marriage of either of the parties with any other person. Monogamy is now the rule.
     The parties should be competent in regards to their age. The age prescribed for the bridegroom is twenty-one (21) years and bride is eighteen (18) years.
     The parties should be competent in regards to their mental capacity. Neither parties should be suffering from unsoundness of mind of such a nature as to be unable to give valid consent for the marriage, or suffering from mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and procreation of children, or has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity.
     The parties should not fall within the degree of prohibited relationship.

Read More ...
Court Marriage Page 2

Read further ...
Prenuptial Agreement, Hindu Marriage, Arya Samaj Marriage, Marriage Registration, Marriage Certificate

Home | Contact
Designed and Maintained by DELHIADVOCATE. © 1999 - 2010 DELHIADVOCATE
Last Updated: 18 July 2010